- Registration for Gmail account
Gmail is indeed the hottest mail service, which is owned by the Google, the world #1 search engine. Gmail provides exceptional service overall. On of its distant feature is the data storage capacity. Gmail offers 15 GB storage capacity without any cost. Not only that it offers some very unique email features such as its catchy skin themes, unlimited access to YouTube and Google+, etc. All this makes Gmail the best choice for any email user. To crate Gmail account follows these easy steps written below.
- First of all log in to www.gmail.com through you internet browser (i.e. Firefox or Google chrome).
- On the page you will see create an account button just below the big sign in button. Click on it and wait for a while until the new page opens.
- On the new page you will be asked to fill in some information. It will ask you about your Name, username (email id name that you want to make), password, country, cell phone number and an image in which some texts will be written. You just have to re-write the letters in the box below.
- After completing the form just clicks the empty box (which states Google terms and conditions). It is mandatory and tick sign will be appeared in the box. Click to proceed to the next step
- At this page you will be asked about your cell number. Give the correct number, they will send you the code to you via Google team to your cell. Here you have two options. You can choose the most preferable option (send by the text or let the Google team call you and inform about the verification code). Than enter the code in the required box. And your account is verified. And you are ready to use Gmail service.
- Sign in instructions for Gmail
Once you have completed the registration process for Gmail. Signing In is a very easy and simple procedure for the users. The sign in instructions are described below just follow these two easy and simple steps to use the Gmail services.
- Log on to www.gmail.com wait till the Gmail page is opened. The page is simple and descriptive.
- Now you will be seeing two blank boxes (Email and Password).
- Write the Email (username which you have chosen during the registration) carefully write it and keep it with yourself or remember it
- Enter the password that you have selected while opening your account. Remember it is case sensitive and be very careful while entering the password.
- Finally hit the big blue Sign In and that’s it.
- You will be directed over to your Gmail page shortly in a while, where you can easily compose, check your inbox or you can customize your Gmail account as you want!!
I hope you followed the instructions.
Most email service providers have the two step verification process for the security of the users. It is known that virtual users can access your email account and can compromise the security of your emails and important messages. That is what is prevented by the two step verification process. It is done by the use of password as well as verifying through phone. While password verification is standard procedure, verification via a phone number is a surer way of ensuring security of an email account.
Why Use The Two Step Verification Process
Google advises all users to take up the two step verification process for logging into their account. The reasons are several:
- It acts as an extra layer of security.
- The chances of getting personal information stolen from one’s account is reduced.
- The chances of getting through the two step verification process would be difficult. For that, the bad guys would need to know the username and password of your account as well as have access to your phone.
The Process Of Two Step Verification Process
Matt Cutts explain the process here, and us too. The two step verification process of Google is simple. Here are the steps:
- You need to start the login process.
- Enter the password as well as the code that is sent to your phone.
- This code will be sent as per the agreement formed between you and Google.
- You can choose to get the secret code by text, call or through the mobile app.
- During the sign in process you can instruct Google to not ask for the code again if you are using a particular computer.
- The codes will be asked for every time the account is accessed through any other computer.
When The Two Step Verification Gets Reactivated
This is how Google mail provides extra security for its users. It not only identifies a user with a password but also notes the IP address of the computer or the network that one logs in through. If this detail changes, the two step verification process is activated as a precautionary measure.
Risks To Email Accounts
Many people might find the two step verification process a bother. Indeed, till one experiences an account being vandalized or one’s identity being stolen, they will not realize the importance of the two step verification process. There are certain precautionary measures that are advised by Google mail. It asks its users to take care that the following mistakes are not committed:
- If the same password is used on more than one site.
- If links sent on email messages are clicked.
- Software is downloaded from the internet.
These are common actions that are performed by everyone who access email and use the internet for different purposes. They do not realize the risk they put their email account through every time they perform such actions. For the safety and security of the users, Gmail proposes the use of the two step verification process.
Unique Features Of Yahoo Mail
Every email service has some benefits to offer. While Google is the natural choice for the predominance of the search engines and other features like Google Play, YouTube and others, there are other email services worth considering as well. Yahoo mail is one dependable service that has many beneficial features to offer.
While these features are not new, these were earlier available in the Mail Plus feature which came at a fee. The good news is that, these features are now available in the free basic email service of mail yahoo:
- Over two hundred filters.
- Disposable addresses.
These features are beneficial for all email users but not really made available by most email service providers. The disposable address is one such feature. Disposable email address is an alias for your email address. If you do not want to reveal Continue reading
Hotmail is a mail service that we have all been familiar with during the initial years of the internet. Indeed, much before Google came into the picture, there were a few reliable names in the world of email and the popular one among them was Hotmail. It was created as a Silicon Valley startup company in the late nineties by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. It became popular at that time since it was one of the pioneering companies to offer free web based email service. Hotmail has been named so to emphasize the use of HTML for the web user interface of the mail. There were millions of customers of this mail service by 1997. It was acquired by Microsoft at the end of 1997. It was then integrated with a calendar service that was also web based.
An Email Service That Has Grown Over The Years
Hotmail.com then continued to grow steadily. It reached a user base in ten millions within a span of a few years. There are over a billion inboxes that are managed by Hotmail today. Hundred million active users exist for this email account. Like all reliable mail service providers, even this email service has undergone many changes. Those who have been loyal users of this email service from the initial days will vouch for the changes that have taken place in its different features and functions.
Increased Storage Capacity
When it was started, the email storage limit was 2 megabytes. That is hard to imagine now, but at that time, it was a storage amount that not many could even conceive, especially at a time when floppy disks were still in use. The storage space increased steadily, from 2GB to 5GB. Today Continue reading
Instagram is an online photo sharing, video sharing and social network web site service. This is actually designed for those people who love to take, share and edit their unlimited number of photos and videos with their friends and family members. It is developed by Facebook team and it come in the form of an app which is available for Android, Window’s phone and IO’s. So if you are a cell phone freak and need an app to share your pictures and videos so, give it a try create an account simply by following these steps.
- First of all visit www.instagram.com or this link will take you to the official website by your cell phone or by your personal computer.
- If you are having a cell which runs on android platform click the Get it on Google play button and if you are using Apple platform than Go on App store button and download the application from the opened page.
- After you have download and installed the application, Tap to open it.
- Now tap Register button to get started for instagram usage. Continue reading
LinkedIn is where social web meets professionals. It is a great platform for qualified people, where they can connect, share and can get enormous number of jobs opportunities for free. Here people can meet many individuals from their respective fields, area of works and common interests. If you are a qualified person, want to explore job opportunities, meet with the experts, or students and you want to learn explore or acquire knowledge by professionals LinkedIn is for you.
If you don’t have its account there are some very easy steps it will hardly consume 5 minutes or so, just follow these steps in this arcticle and get yourself in the world of LinkedIn.
- First of all to create a LinkedIn account visit their page www.linkedin.com
- Now as the page is opened, on the center of the page you can see four empty blocks i.e. ( First Name, Last name, email address and password)
- Write your first name and last name in the first two blocks which are in front of each other.
- Now write your current in use email address for the conformation of email process and for verification purpose. Continue reading
Facebook is one of the most popular online social networking service that helps you to stay connected with your friends, relatives and family members at all times, no matter in which corner of the globe they are located. You will be able to share photos, videos, event details and so on with your friends and family members and bring the world closer to them.
You will need to be a registered user to enjoy the services offered by Facebook. You will be able to create profiles, like and dislike posts and add comments on other posts, add photos and videos and send messages to your loved ones, friends and colleagues. Some of the features that you can enjoy on Facebook are: to find members who have common interests, to promote a public page on specific topics, to see who are your contacts online and to chat with them as well as allows you to post, read and respond to classified ads. You will really enjoy what you get on Facebook and it is one t important social media networking site that you will never like to sign out once you sign in.
Steps To Sign Into Facebook Account
The following are the steps and the procedure that you need to follow to access your Facebook account explain in this article.
- If you are already a member of the Facebook social networking site, then all you need to do is to go to www.facebook.com page in your web browser.
- Once you enter the Facebook page, you will find a log in option at the top right hand side of the Facebook page. Continue reading
In today’s hectic life make it necessary for you to remain connected to your business or to your family and friends through the virtual media. Skype makes processes like making calls, seeing your friends, relatives and business associates, messaging and sharing easy for you. You can talk and share with others in any part of the world using Skype only thing is that you need to sign in to Skype. What makes the Skype popular medium for messaging, calling and sharing is that it is safe and secure, quick and easy and simple to use.
What Does Skype Offer?
Skype offers some free and some paid services to their users. The free services that you can get from Skype by signing into Skype includes the Skype account and the latest free downloads. It is free to have video and voice calls to any other person using Skype. File sharing and instant messaging is also free when you are using Skype. The paid services include calls to mobile phones and landlines around the world at a very low rate, sending text messages at lower rates and making group video calls including up to 10 people. Apart from these there are many other features for calling, video, messaging, sharing etc.
Why Skype Is Simple And Easy?
All you need to start using Skype is to have a computer or mobile device with microphone and speakers or headset, an internet connection, Skype account and Continue reading