- Registration for Gmail account
Gmail is indeed the hottest mail service, which is owned by the Google, the world #1 search engine. Gmail provides exceptional service overall. On of its distant feature is the data storage capacity. Gmail offers 15 GB storage capacity without any cost. Not only that it offers some very unique email features such as its catchy skin themes, unlimited access to YouTube and Google+, etc. All this makes Gmail the best choice for any email user. To crate Gmail account follows these easy steps written below.
- First of all log in to www.gmail.com through you internet browser (i.e. Firefox or Google chrome).
- On the page you will see create an account button just below the big sign in button. Click on it and wait for a while until the new page opens.
- On the new page you will be asked to fill in some information. It will ask you about your Name, username (email id name that you want to make), password, country, cell phone number and an image in which some texts will be written. You just have to re-write the letters in the box below.
- After completing the form just clicks the empty box (which states Google terms and conditions). It is mandatory and tick sign will be appeared in the box. Click to proceed to the next step
- At this page you will be asked about your cell number. Give the correct number, they will send you the code to you via Google team to your cell. Here you have two options. You can choose the most preferable option (send by the text or let the Google team call you and inform about the verification code). Than enter the code in the required box. And your account is verified. And you are ready to use Gmail service.
- Sign in instructions for Gmail
Once you have completed the registration process for Gmail. Signing In is a very easy and simple procedure for the users. The sign in instructions are described below just follow these two easy and simple steps to use the Gmail services.
- Log on to www.gmail.com wait till the Gmail page is opened. The page is simple and descriptive.
- Now you will be seeing two blank boxes (Email and Password).
- Write the Email (username which you have chosen during the registration) carefully write it and keep it with yourself or remember it
- Enter the password that you have selected while opening your account. Remember it is case sensitive and be very careful while entering the password.
- Finally hit the big blue Sign In and that’s it.
- You will be directed over to your Gmail page shortly in a while, where you can easily compose, check your inbox or you can customize your Gmail account as you want!!
I hope you followed the instructions.
Most email service providers have the two step verification process for the security of the users. It is known that virtual users can access your email account and can compromise the security of your emails and important messages. That is what is prevented by the two step verification process. It is done by the use of password as well as verifying through phone. While password verification is standard procedure, verification via a phone number is a surer way of ensuring security of an email account.
Why Use The Two Step Verification Process
Google advises all users to take up the two step verification process for logging into their account. The reasons are several:
- It acts as an extra layer of security.
- The chances of getting personal information stolen from one’s account is reduced.
- The chances of getting through the two step verification process would be difficult. For that, the bad guys would need to know the username and password of your account as well as have access to your phone.
The Process Of Two Step Verification Process
Matt Cutts explain the process here, and us too. The two step verification process of Google is simple. Here are the steps:
- You need to start the login process.
- Enter the password as well as the code that is sent to your phone.
- This code will be sent as per the agreement formed between you and Google.
- You can choose to get the secret code by text, call or through the mobile app.
- During the sign in process you can instruct Google to not ask for the code again if you are using a particular computer.
- The codes will be asked for every time the account is accessed through any other computer.
When The Two Step Verification Gets Reactivated
This is how Google mail provides extra security for its users. It not only identifies a user with a password but also notes the IP address of the computer or the network that one logs in through. If this detail changes, the two step verification process is activated as a precautionary measure.
Risks To Email Accounts
Many people might find the two step verification process a bother. Indeed, till one experiences an account being vandalized or one’s identity being stolen, they will not realize the importance of the two step verification process. There are certain precautionary measures that are advised by Google mail. It asks its users to take care that the following mistakes are not committed:
- If the same password is used on more than one site.
- If links sent on email messages are clicked.
- Software is downloaded from the internet.
These are common actions that are performed by everyone who access email and use the internet for different purposes. They do not realize the risk they put their email account through every time they perform such actions. For the safety and security of the users, Gmail proposes the use of the two step verification process.